Athens, Greece – 19 July 2021 – Sustainable Development is an integral part of the MYTILINEOS long-term business strategy. As stated by the Company's Chairman and CEO, Ev. Mytilineos in the introductory note of the Sustainable Development Report 2021 "it is the driving force behind the company’s aspiration to remain competitive in the long term, to meet contemporary challenges and, by developing appropriate partnerships, to contribute to a new and efficient model of socially inclusive growth, as this is reflected in the Sustainable Development Goals. In this respect, we aim at creating long-term sustainable value for our shareholders as well as for our other Stakeholder groups, by adopting a holistic approach in pursuing our activities, combining the safeguarding of jobs, and growing our business, our profitability, always in terms of social and environmental sustainability"
The 2021 Sustainable Development Report focuses on:
1) analyzing the way MYTILINEOS manages every material Sustainable Development topic in its activity,
2) the significant progress in its wider performance, as assessed by international organizations according to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria. This progress is confirmed by relevant distinctions, such as the recognition of MYTILINEOS by Sustainalytics – one of the most important and notable ESG Raters worldwide – as one of the "Leading industrial companies" for its ESG performance,
3) the progress in relation to the climate targets that are supported by 10 key initiatives and 50 specific actions in all Business Units,
4) the approach and the Company’s significant contribution to Sustainable Development Goals (Agenda 2030),
5) integrating the international standards by the Task Force of Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB),
6) the new Sustainable Development governance system of the Company, with the establishment of the Sustainable Development Committee of the Board of Directors as well as the Corporate Governance & Sustainable Development Division,
7) analyzing important elements of the Company's activities according to the eligibility criteria of the European Taxonomy for sustainable investments (EU Taxonomy),
8) the generation and distribution of a social product worth €2.3 billion and its overall company’s contribution to the national economy and employment.
You can browse the pages of the Sustainable Development Report 2021, and learn in detail about the actions of MYTILINEOS aimed at reducing its environmental footprint and ensuring sustainability.
At the same time, through the microsites Sustainability Actions Map & Integrated Value Creation Scorecard the achievement of value creation for each MYTILINEOS activity is presented, through the initiatives and programs it has implemented and continues to implement in its responsible operation and the company's main financial and non-financial results.
The Sustainable Development Report 2021 was published during the Company’s Annual General Shareholders Meeting. This is the 14th consecutive Report disclosing Non-Financial Data.
 The Report was developed in line with the standards of the Global Reporting initiative (GRI STANDARDS), key indicators of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact, the AA1000AP 2018 Accountability Principles Standard and taking into account the international Corporate Social Responsibility Standard ISO 26000. In addition, the Report is in line with the relevant obligations deriving from the Greek legislation and the European Directives. Moreover, it has been audited and certified by an independent auditor, Ernst & Young (EY) in accordance with the Standard ISAE 3000 and the specifications of Type 2 assurance project, as such are defined by the Assurance Standard AA1000AS.