In MYTILINEOS Group, we support and defend the internationally recognised human rights in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the standards of the International Labour Organisation.
- We are committed to promoting the protection of human rights in all our business units and in all locations where we operate. We are also committed to promoting the protection of human rights among our employees, contractors, subcontractors, clients and suppliers, as well as in the partnership agreements that we conclude in all our business activity sectors.
- We ensure remunerations which in several cases exceed those provided for by the national laws.
- We promote equal opportunities and the equal treatment of our employees, and we acknowledge their freedom of expression.
- We preclude all types of discrimination, harassment or unprofessional behaviour at the workplace.
- We prohibit the employment of minors under the age of 18, as well as all forms of forced labour (such as mandatory overtime, threat of dismissal etc.).
- We consider that the key responsibility of our top executives is to treat appropriately all forms of individuality, in order to protect the personality of all persons and bring out the best in them.
In line with the above, the key goals of our Group are “TO IDENTIFY SITUATIONS INVOLVING RISKS OF VIOLATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS” more systematically, “TO PROVIDE OUR EMPLOYEES WITH TRAINING” and “TO PROMOTE THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS IN THE SPHERE OF INFLUENCE OF OUR BUSINESS ACTIVITY”. These goals, together with our principles and labour practices, are directly linked to the protection of Human Rights.