The utmost priority for MYTILINEOS Group is to protect on a daily basis the health and safety of its employees in the work premises of all our subsidiaries. We continue our constant efforts to achieve the “ZERO ACCIDENTS AND ZERO OCCUPATIONAL DISEASES" target – the only acceptable target, which also represents a major challenge for the heavy industry sector.
The elimination of accidents at the workplace, especially in our production plants, is a key concern. We seek to maintain the high safety indicators in our facilities, by implementing action plans and specific programmes to protect employees and improve their quality of life.
Our policy in this sensitive area is implemented through the continuous improvement of an Occupational Health & Safety Management System in accordance with the OHSAS 18001 international standard and the ELOT 1801 Greek standard. It is also characterised by the following principles, which apply across all Group companies:
- Strict compliance with the requirements of the laws and with the applicable standards and internal guidelines.
- Continuous identification and assessment of hazards and adoption of the measures needed to address them.
- Operation of an Occupational Health & Safety Office at the major production plants and at the Group’s headquarters.
- Attendance by staff of training programmes on Occupational Health & Safety.
- Open and transparent communication on all Occupational Health & Safety issues.
- Regular inspections of the organisation and procedures in place, in order to ensure the strict observance of the ‘safe work’ regulations in all Group companies, thus seeking to maximise the safety of clients, associates and other citizens visiting our facilities.
In addition, every year we take care to ensure the highest possible specialisation and improvement of our training programmes on the protection against accidents and occupational diseases.