In MYTILINEOS Group, we consider that the development and suitable management of our Social Capital is a precondition for the stability, continuity and potential of our relations with the key Stakeholder groups. For us, the term “Social Capital” is of particular significance, as it is associated with the way in which we operate in the local communities where the Group’s business activities are located. It is also what drives the Group’s human resources to excel themselves in whatever task they undertake, while it also boosts and attaches substance to the Group’s business value. Most importantly, however, the term represents the strong relationships of trust that we have built with our key Stakeholders.
For our Group, investing in Social Capital means:
- To further develop our social profile, whose direct beneficiaries are our key Stakeholders;
- To disseminate our core business values and the rules of sustainable development to all parties with which we enter into transactions; and
- To make a continuous effort to gain and maintain the trust of the society around us, while remaining consistent with our commitments.
Overall, our communication with our key Stakeholder groups refers mainly to the following initiatives (without mentioning other actions of a more limited reach that take place in accordance with the strategy and particular needs of our subsidiaries):
- Implementation of open CSR consultation events (Forums), held in the premises of the Group subsidiaries.
- Implementation of web based consultations on sustainable development issues.
- Implementation of dedicated thematic Round Tables procedure.
- Promotion of the Group’s annual Sustainability Report.
- Promotion of the Group’s Annual Report.
- Events held to present financial results.
The key objectives of this consultation process are the identification and highlighting of the expectations of our key Stakeholder groups, the reach of our existing actions and the degree to which they meet Stakeholder needs and expectations and the highlighting of ways to improve and strengthen Stakeholder relations with the Group.