Recognising that of collaboration and the exchange of views can significantly help improve our social and environmental contribution and the development of responsible practices in the business community in general, we focus on sharing our experience with our business and social partners.
In line with the above:
Through our subsidiary PROTERGIA S.A., we take an active part in public consultations on specific Bills and on draft decisions and regulations on major public policy issues in the energy sector, such as:
(a) The promotion of RES investments in Greece, which is a contractual obligation of the country in line with the EU target of a RES penetration of 20% in final electricity consumption by 2020.
(b) The liberalisation of the domestic electricity market, which is expected to result in significant benefits for the national economy, the environment and consumers.
With our participation in the above initiatives:
- We support the promotion of RES investments in Greece, through our participation in the Greek Association of RES Electricity Producers (GAREP) and in the Hellenic Wind Energy Association (HWEA).
- We promote the liberalisation of the domestic electricity market, by participating in the Hellenic Association of Independent Power Producers (HAIPP). Additionally, as members of the Institute of Energy for Southeast Europe (IENE), we also contribute to the development of positions and recommendations and to lobbying on energy-related issues in the wider region of SE Europe.
In addition to the above initiatives, we also participate (at the Group level) in the following organizations, with which we collaborate closely:
- The Hellenic Federation of Enterprises (SEV), in whose “Council for Sustainable Development” our Group was an active member and whose Code of Principles it has fully endorsed and adopted.
- The Greek Mining Enterprises Association (SME), whose Code of Principles on Sustainable Development our Group has endorsed and adopted.
- The Hellenic Institute of Entrepreneurship & Sustainable Development (IEA).
- The Hellenic Management Association (HMA).
- The Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI).
- The Hellenic-Arab Chamber of Commerce and Development.
- The Hellenic-Turkish Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The Hellenic-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The Hellenic-Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The Hellenic-French Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The Hellenic-African Chamber of Commerce and Development.
- The Aluminium Association of Greece.
- The Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP).
- The Pan-Hellenic Exporters’ Association (PEA).
- The Viotia Chamber.
- The Association of Sociétés Anonymes and Limited Liability Companies.
- The ALBA Graduate Business School.
- The Association of Industries in Thessaly and Central Greece (AITC).