Our approach to Corporate Social Responsibility consists of a set of initiatives that seek to achieve the best possible integration of the social and environmental impacts of our business activities in our internal as well as in our external environment.
- The establishment of a governance system and the definition of the relevant CSR structures allow the Group to address CSR-related matters in a flexible manner and in accordance with its CSR strategy, ensuring that all Group Companies share a common understanding and commitment and work towards their respective desired results.
- Seeking to highlight the nature and importance of the problems as well as of the challenges or opportunities related to CSR, especially with regard to the specific characteristics of our business activities, we update annually our Mapping of the key issues regarding responsible entrepreneurship across all our subsidiaries. These annual updates also serve as the basis for collecting the data used in our annual Sustainability Reports.
- The procedure for the annual setting of quantitative and qualitative CSR targets and the corresponding reports on the progress made towards their achievement allow us to better understand the relation between the practices actually applied and their results and lead either to appropriate corrective action or to the adoption of new, more effective practices.
- Our key aspiration is to sustain the ongoing dialogue with our key Stakeholder groups, so that they perceive us as a responsible business partner which seeks to ensure the continuous improvement of its operations and to strengthen the positive impacts of its activities. We constantly, consistently and systematically make every possible effort to minimise any adverse impacts which unavoidably result from the processes applied in the production of the Group’s products and services.
- Finally, acknowledging that corporate responsibility and the progress towards Sustainable Development are a collective responsibility that requires the convergence and collaboration of all the actors involved (State, businesses and the civil society), we consider that the development of collaborations with organisations which will help us advance our thinking and creativity and improve our knowledge is most significant. To this end, the CSR initiatives and standards in which the Group participates serve as references for our efforts to improve and promote our social and environmental contribution.